New Mercedes SLS Gullwing, or, the first truly desirable Benz made in my lifetime.



I remember the 60's 300 Sl Gullwing Mercedes being one of the first classic high performance cars I was ever introduced to. They are beautiful machines, and in their time were some of the fastest cars in the world. They also represent one of the last cars Mercedes produced with real emotion. The 300SL was a romantic, exciting car, but a lot of what has come since has been much more prosaic. Sure, an SL65AMG is fast as hell and devastatingly effective, but I'm not sure you could ever call it sexy.

Happily, there's a new Gullwing, and it looks to be a stunner. Pictures are all over the internet ahead of it's Frankfurt debut, and I think its the first truly beautiful Mercedes that I've seen in my lifetime. Plus, they're making an electric version!

Comments

Popular Posts