Clarkson's Cars of the Year

Jeremy Clarkson recently put out his yearly dvd (to watch the whole thing, head here. ) and the engineers in Munich will be smiling all the way to their Christmas bonuses over it. The 1M manages to top even it's astonishing third place in Evo's Car of the Year test with an over all pick of the year from the world's most influential motoring pundit. At this point I should point out that other cars in the test had badges from Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Mclaren... the list goes on. He even puts it ahead of the incredible E-Type recreation that he loves so much.

Having now spent two years with the 135i I can't say as I'm surprised with the 1M's success, it really is an incredible little car. Both a composed tourer when you want it and a rowdy hooligan with the footprint of a hot hatch, it's about as much fun a car as I've ever driven. Turn that up to 11 and it couldn't be anything other than awesome.

That 535 is pretty damn awesome as well, but seeing as I live in the mountains of CheapGasistan I'll stick with a pickup for hauling duties for now...

Comments

Popular Posts